It's Chinese Take Out Time

Google




Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Countdown to ATPL

I Love Chinese

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

An ordinary guy hoping to live life to the fullest. Awaiting the bigger things in life.

View My Auctions

Bring on the Dim Sum



We Fumble With Chopsticks

  • Aimin
  • Jing Fang
  • Caryn
  • Weiling
  • Fen
  • Peggy
  • Wenyan
  • Angie
  • Lynn
  • Grace Koh
  • Suan Siong
  • Alicia
  • Caryn
  • Kai Jie
  • Diana
  • Ziwei
  • Pan Hui Ru
  • Snufflezz
  • Sarah
  • SG Fairy
  • Black High Heels
  • Lyn.c(SG Newscaster)
  • Justin
  • Kanny
  • Cordelia
  • Jocelyn
  • Su Feng
  • Felicia Chin
  • SugarJocelyn
  • Jessica Tan
  • Huilin
  • Cindy
  • Weiling
  • Kenny
  • Eelyn Kok
  • Che Yin
  • Tampines 1
  • Camemberu
  • Fan Wenqing
  • Yu-Kim
  • Karen Ashley Ng
  • DarDar&KaiKai
  • Jeneen
  • Yiting
  • Clarice
  • Reiee Koh
  • Kim Ho Desiree
  • Jenny
  • Peggy Heng
  • Silver Ang
  • Kimberly Wakerman
  • Kimberly Haley Wang
  • Katherine Yang
  • Rebecca Lim
  • Mei Ting
  • Rachel Wong
  • Hazel Low
  • Ivy SMJ
  • Miyake
  • Cherlyn Tan
  • Soh Peishi
  • Maybeline Sim
  • Janice Goh
  • Serene Heng
  • Catherine Liew
  • Fiona Ryou
  • Jessica TippyTapp
  • May
  • Ziyi Kuek
  • Gwen Teo
  • Melissa Celestine Koh
  • Miss Tam Chiak
  • Elin Wong
  • Nicole Ann Leong
  • Claires Flair
  • Yina Goh
  • Lucinda Zhou
  • Jolene Zhou
  • Sim Peiling
  • Ziying
  • Seokyee
  • Lim Junying
  • Karen Yun
  • Zoe Raymond
  • Joslina Ophelia
  • Yee Kit
  • Shine Koh
  • Ee Xuan
  • Ang Geck Geck
  • Mayne Lim
  • Rachel Lim
  • Emily Chia
  • Mio Lin
  • Emmie Neo
  • Ivy Goh
  • Huirong
  • Apple Yap
  • Cordelia Low
  • Elaine Jasmine
  • Sophia Berries
  • Shenny Yang
  • Lim Yanntorng
  • Amelia Wong
  • Pamela Lua
  • Xueqi
  • Freda Poh
  • Yilin Goh
  • Kayla Wong
  • Honey Lim
  • Tobey Cline
  • CXGE90
  • Scribbles
  • Hoongji
  • Grocery List
  • We Like Chinese Too


    Chinese Cuisine

    Blogskins.com
    Liverpool FC
    SoccerNet
    Aviation
    Automotive

    Adventures With Chopsticks

    <

    Fortunes Can Be Funny

    Web Counter

    Saturday, October 14, 2006

    250km/h!!!

    Gosh, I had one hell of a night. Due to my Geography project, I had to do some field work in order to get some information on the topic I chose. My topic is "Speeding Areas in Singapore", researching the geographical similarites among these roads. Did a survey and my top 3 in the poll is 1st: Lim Chu Kang Road, 2nd Changi Coast Walk, 3rd Marina South.

    Getting all excited, I asked MQ to join me n off we went to visit these places @ 11pm. Since we already went Changi Coast Walk after our dinner at Changi Village earlier in the night, our first stop was Lim Chu Kang Road, the place where the dead reside.

    Travelling from Tampines all the way Lim Chu Kang took a long time eventhough I was in the car going at 90kmh. Nah, not even once I tried to speed, but it was damn tempting to do so. Has anyone seen the road condition of PIE late at night? It can be 5-lane-wide during some part of it n there were not even a single car in sight!! I had this long, wide n straight road ahead of me n I could have easily hit 150kmh if I hadn't been so merciful to the pedal.

    About 40minutes later, we reached our destination n sure that place looks eerie. Damn, I was getting goosebumps when I saw the tombstones, MQ simply freak out. There were only two cars when we got there but the heavily modified cars soon appear as we waited. Honda Civic ESI/SiR, Mitsubishi EVO III/IV and even modified family 7-seater MPVs appeared n revved up the whole place. It was bustling with life.

    It took me a lot of courage to approach this guy who arrived in his red Mitsubishi EVO IX. I did an interview with him n I got quite alot of information about racing from him. Then halfway through the interview, a race started n I saw a Civis ESI race against the EVO IV. Both cars zoomed past me @ burning speeds of 250km/h at least. WTF, I had never seen cars that fast in reality before. The Civic totally thrashed the EVO IV can u believe it? The sound of the engines were deafening to say the least. Craziness, I can't imagine myself in a 250km/h car. It was so fast that I couldn't even get my cam out to take a video of it. Soon later, the Civic got into another race with an EVO III, but the EVO won this time round. Hot stuff, it was really exciting.

    However, the gathering was cut short by the news that the TP is coming. Guess what? When two TP bikes approached our area, everyone sped off, yeah, except me. Wahahaha!! I had already started my engine but took a look at my street directory for directions. My head was facing down at that time. MQ told me the TP took a look at me n went chasing for the rest of them. It was damn funny, I didn't run yet they didn't stop n check on me. Imagine what would have happened if I had started to move the car.

    Headed down to Orchard Road next to interview one of MQ's friend who belongs to the group "Venom Speed" along the Orchard/Scotts Road. Nice guy but he's living his life on the edge in my opinion. The group drives heavily modifed 2.0L Honda Civic SiR but i didn't have the chance to see it. Nevertheless, I got to see lots of cars with loud engines zipping down the Orchard area. I never knew this place can be a racing ground.

    Our last stop was Marina South. MQ already started dozing off by this time as it was already 3.30am. There was nothing interesting there, except for some heavy contruction work on the Integrated Resort. Went back to Bedok after taking some pictures. Then we had an early breakfast at McDonald's. It was 4.00am. Haha.. It was a long night but I had never had so much fun at night before. U think clubbing is happening? Well, i think otherwise. Driving n watching fast cars race against each other are much more exciting.



    Went Changi Village for dinner

    Drove to Changi Coast Walk after to do some field work

    LONG LONG neverending road..

    Speed limit is 70kmh, but lorries n trucks are going above 80kmh

    Changi Airport Tower

    SLOW?? No Way..

    OK, hope this sign will help

    Driving at 12.30am in the morning along PIE gives u the freedom to "roam" the lanes. There were absolutely no cars around!!

    Trying to be funny driving hands free @ 90kmh

    First location: Lim Chu Kang Road. It's eerie to see so many tombstones so late at night

    After my interview, i took a pic with my interviewee's S$128000 Mitsubishi EVO IX

    The speed limit along this road is 60kmh, no need for me to elaborate more

    While i was driving down to Orchard Road, i freaking saw this Pagani Zonda stop beside me at a traffic light!!!!!! Do u know that there are only THREE Zondas in Singapore??

    Orchard Road @ 3am in the morning, lots of high speed modified cars, mainly Honda Civics

    This is Marina South, another potential speeding spot, but i saw no one here..

    Back at Bedok after an all night of driving. Resting at Mac waiting for the bfast to start

    Mac hotcakes at 4.30am in the morning. Home bound @ 5am. Me n MQ were totally exhausted Posted by Picasa

    WaiZai fumbled with chopsticks @ 10/14/2006 02:29:00 pm | 0 has delicate hands