It's Chinese Take Out Time
I Love Chinese
An ordinary guy hoping to live life to the fullest. Awaiting the bigger things in life.
Bring on the Dim Sum
We Fumble With Chopsticks
We Like Chinese Too
Adventures With Chopsticks<
Fortunes Can Be Funny
Take Out Boxes
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
The battle begins
My exam will officially start later at 1300HRS.
It's gonna be tough. Wish me luck.
Will post again coming Saturday when I'm done with four out of five papers
|| GIVE THEM NOTHING, BUT TAKE FROM THEM EVERYTHING ||
Monday, November 26, 2007
I'll do some advertising for them.. In the mean time, u can laugh ur ass off with the 2nd video...
Sunday, November 25, 2007
10 more days
Mug, mug, mug... N i thoroughly hate it.. Studying for exams sucks eventhough i like the subjects. Some modules can be fun to study, but shitty when u're sitting it for exams..
Christmas is coming, the weather is getting cooler.. But there are still these occasional hot n humid days.
In the midst of my mugging, found some time to cook the two muggers a simple dinner. Me & sis. Sick n tired of outside food
With the intense mugging comes short temper. N this moron driver juz got on my nerves by parking so bloody close to my car. His Honda Stream may be two times bigger than my Sunny, but i think his brain muz be smaller than my testicles. It was simply IMPOSSIBLE for me to get into the driver's seat even if I'm the size of a dwarf. He's lucky dat I'm not an alien from Krypton named Clark Kent. Or else, I wud haf made sure his stupid Honda's top is facing the tarmac instead of his tyres. I had to get into the driver's seat from another door in the end. Wad a fucking idiot.
20 Good Healthy Reasons
Marvin Gaye knew very well what was singing with his "Sexual healing". Sex seems to be more than a hormonal discharge and some short moments of pure pleasure. Scientists show that sex is extremely beneficial for our health, while the lack of an active sex life might have negative effects. And masturbation is not a solution: blood prolactin levels in males and females after orgasm is 4 times higher in both sexes compared with the levels after orgasm from masturbation. Prolactin counteracts the effects of another hormone, dopamine, booming during sexual arousal. This explains why orgasm from intercourse is more satisfying than masturbation and the "recovery period" in men, as high levels of prolactin induce erectile dysfunction.
But too much sex, can also be harmful: more than thrice a week it can weaken the immune system, making us vulnerable to infections...
1. Sex is beneficial for both the heart and the blood circulation, especially in the brain. While having sex, the heart rate goes from 70 beats per minute to 150, a good training for the heart. Having sex thrice a week decreases the risk of heart attack by 50 %. Also during the sex intercourses, the breath is deeper, meaning a better oxygenation.
2. The mental and emotional health balance is clearly tuned by sex. People who are involuntarily celibate or abstinent and often exhibit depressive feelings (like anger, frustration, self-doubt, paranoia and even depression) are driven into this by "missed opportunities", due to living without having sex.
In fact, in case of light depressions, after having sex the brain releases endorphins, that decrease stress, inducing a state of euphoria.
It seems also to be something in the sperm contributing to the good effect on the mood. Researches showed that women whose partners used condoms were more prone to depression than others. This is supposed to be linked to prostaglandin, a chemical found in the sperm and absorbed in the vaginal tract, modulating the woman's mood. Semen appears to act as an antidepressant in women.
Women who have sex without condoms are also more likely to be victims of the rebound effect following the breakup of their relationship, pointing that there is a withdrawal effect that influences depressiveness when semen exposure stops.
Anyway, protected or not, sex and orgasm do cause a release
of endorphins, the "happiness" brain hormone that ‘brings’ the good mood.
Even more important is the fact that sex strengthens the bound of the couple, self esteem, positive thinking and optimism.
A 2007 British research proved that sex is better than money in making you happy, and being sexually active indeed brings a happy life. But more financial power doesn't bring you more sex.
Sex "enters so strongly (and) positively in happiness equations" that a higher frequency of sexual contacts from once monthly to once weekly is similar to the happiness level increase brought by an additional $50,000 in income for the average American. The happiest individuals were those getting the most and regular sex: married people, or those involved in a relationship, who declared 30% more sexual activity than bachelors. A stable marriage was figured out to bring the same happiness levels provoked by an extra $100,000 earning annually, while divorce was equivalent to a happiness decrease of $66,000 each year.
Psychologists already knew that happy people are usually more sexually active, and many studies confirmed that people who are depressed have less sex. It is sure that mind and sex fuel each other.
3. Sex eliminates stress. You know the feeling of total relaxation and calm following a sexual intercourse. A subsequent profound calming sleep follows, with great effect in combating the stress, and persons with a regular sex life sleep better and feel better the next day.
4. Sex means softer skin. While having sex, a woman's body doubles the estrogen level, and this makes her hair shine while the skin becomes softer.
5. Long term researches showed that regular basis sex increases the humans’ lifespan. For the same age and health, those who had orgasms more frequently had half the death rate of men who did not have such frequent orgasms. This could be due to the plummeting stress hormones, reaction that installs after we have sex. Frequent orgasms (about 100 per year) have been linked to an increase of 3-8 years in a person's lifespan and a decrease of death risk of 50%.
6. Sweating while having sex cleanse the skin pores, making the skin brighter and decreasing the risk of developing dermatitis.
7. Sex can keep you fit, burning extra-pounds. Quickies of 20 minutes weekly mean 7 500 calories annually, that’s as much as you consume on 120 km (745 mi) of jogging. A sex session can burn about 200 calories. This is like running 15 minutes on a treadmill!
If this helps, here is a guide on your sex metabolism (http://members.aol.com/evilsuzie/ia/sexcalories.htm) (however, the following statements have not been scientifically proven...yet):
OPENING HER BRA:
With both hands........................ 8 Calories
With one hand.......................... 22 Calories
With your teeth........................ 85 Calories
PUTTING ON A CONDOM:
With an erection....................... 6 Calories
Without an erection.................... 315 Calories
Trying to find the clitoris............ 8 Calories
Trying to find the G-Spot.............. 192 Calories
Missionary............................. 112 Calories
69 lying down.......................... 178 Calories
69 standing up......................... 312 Calories
Wheelbarrow............................ 386 Calories
Doggy Style............................ 400 Calories
Italian chandelier..................... 972 Calories
Real................................... 112 Calories
Fake.................................. 315 Calories
Lying in bed hugging................... 18 Calories
Getting up immediately................. 36 Calories
Explaining why you got out of bed immediately......816 Calories
GETTING A SECOND ERECTION:
If you are:
20-29 years old........................ 36 Calories
30-39 years............................ 80 Calories
40-49 years............................ 124 Calories
50-59 years............................ 972 Calories
60-69 years............................ 2916 Calories
70 and over......................... Results are still pending
DRESSING UP AFTERWARDS:
Calmly................................. 32 Calories
In a hurry............................. 98 Calories
With her father knocking at the door... 1218 Calories
With your wife knocking at the door.... 3521 Calories
8. Sex strengthen muscles. So much pushes and flexions... It depends on your stunts in bed, of course, but it's clearly a lot more fun than running for miles. Bed fitness sessions clearly improve muscles of your pelvis, thighs, buttocks, abdomen, chest and arms.
9. The more active your sex life is, the more attractive for the opposite sex you are. High sexual activity makes the body release more pheromones, chemicals that attract the opposite sex, but also to display a security given by experience.
10. Sex improves senses, at least the smell. Following the orgasm, a rise of the hormone prolactin makes the brain's stem cells form new neurons in the olfactory bulb, boosting a person's olfactory abilities.
11.Sex is also a pain reliever, ten times more effective than Valium: immediately before orgasm, levels of the hormone oxytocin rise by five times, determining a huge release of endorphins. These chemicals calm pain, from a minor headache to arthritis or migraines, and with no secondary effects. Migraines also disappear because the pressure in the brain's blood vessels is lowered while we have sex. So now we see that actually, a woman's headache is rather a good reason for having sex, not against it.
Sex also stimulates the release of estrogen, decreasing the PSM pains.
12. Kissing stimulates salivation, which cleanses food left between the teeth and lowers the acidity in the mouth, the main cause of the tooth decay and bad breath.
13. Sex fights off allergies. A good sex session can be a good remedy against stiff nose, being a natural antihistaminic that helps combating asthma and high fever.
14. Regular sex balances the ratio good cholesterol: bad cholesterol.
15. Sex balances sex hormones: estrogen protects a woman's heart but on the long term, it can be efficient also against Alzheimer's disease and osteoporosis while testosterone spurs the growth of the bones and muscles.
16. The sexual activity means less colds, flu and infections. 1-2 intercourses weekly means 30 % higher levels of the antibody immunoglobulin A, that spurs the immune system.
17. Sex means a better control of the bladder, as pelvis muscles controlling the urine flow are stronger.
18. After orgasm, especially in the evening, we get sleepy. Sex increases sleep quality. Following an orgasm, the body of both males or females becomes completely relaxed, so they may have a good deep sleep.
19. Most pregnant women stop having sex a few weeks before giving birth, as there is a widespread idea that having sex late in pregnancy could trigger labor. But studies shows this is not true. Prostaglandin is released in huge amounts by the woman’s body as it triggers labor. Also, orgasm can induce uterine contractions. Still, there is no scientific proof that sexual intercourse close to the end of pregnancy starts the labor.
20.Sex fights cancer! Various researches have shown that a high ejaculation frequency and sexual activity are linked to a lower risk of prostate cancer later in life. A study found out that men who ejaculated 13 to 20 times monthly presented a 14% lower risk of prostate cancer than men who ejaculated on average, between 4 and 7 times monthly for most of their adult life. Those ejaculating over 21 times a month presented a 33% decreased risk of developing prostate cancer than the baseline group.
Researches found that sexually active women have a lower risk of developing breast cancer.
Many cancers can be boosted by impairments of the hormonal balance, and perhaps sex and orgasm can fix this. Indeed, increased estrogen levels have been linked with higher risk of many cancers and increased testosterone levels in men has been linked to greater risk for prostate cancer.
But too much sex can be harmful for your health. In fact, over sexual partners increase the risk of infection with papillomavirus (HPV), a common genital virus, which can be transmitted even through anal and oral sex, by 8.6 times.
For girls who wanna slim down with the top calorie burner during sex, this is the Italian chandelier position
WARNING: Try at your own risk. Only those with relatively strong arms n legs can try.
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Monday, November 19, 2007
Ding Dong Bell
Ding Dong Bell, Ding Dong Bell
Ding Dong All The Way~
Oh What fun,
It Is to Ride
On a One Horse Open Sleigh
Dat's my modified Christmas Song.. I like Ding Dongs more than Jingles.
Went to Orchard with MQ on Saturday for dinner
Genki @ Forum
Fountain @ Takashimaya
In the car..
Christmas Tree outside Dhoby Ghaut
After much pondering, I've made up my mind on getting the power speakers! So, I sold my older system..
Bye bye Inspire T5400.. The G500 will replace u..
Bye bye DDTS-100.. It's been a nice 3yrs with u.. A spanking new one will replace u...
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Semester 1 2007/2008
Ystd marks the last of school in NUS for the above semester. It's been a busy sem with never ending labs and projects. For once in my uni life, I'm faced with 3 labs to complete weekly as well as 3 projects for 3 different modules. Busy Busy Busy!! But it's all over now. What a relieve... N now to the final hurdle, the exams thrusting itself towards me starting from the 28th this month. There's nothing beautiful abt uni life. The link below is one of the projects i've done. Go have a look n pls give comments, u'll haf to wait a while for the flash to load.. Bad n good ones are always welcomed!
On a side note, I can finally relax A LITTLE n blog. My entries have been drying up since school started. Heh.. But I guess this will continue until at least my exams are over on the 5th December.
I have some photo updates..
Her name is Charlene, and she's my newest niece after i got one juz last month..
Was on my way to school last week n i saw Sadako, Singapore version.
I went in front of her, n she freaks me out.
Taken ystd, last day of school..
I went to Creative's Warehouse sale at Jurong East.. I muz say Creative is losing its appeal to the local market.. The crowd was seriously weak...
My dream speakers.. But at $299 with only 90days warranty, I can only look with envy.. I left the place empty handed with a heavy heart........ Juz portray how a little boy would feel if he can't get the toy he loves so much..
Sunday, November 11, 2007
It's Sunday night n I juz got home. I encountered something damn funny when I was at my house's carpark. Mum n I came back from Macdonald's supper n when we reached carpark, it was so full dat I had to go all the way to the end of the carpark for a space. Then when I was about to hit the end, this little cat come walking out into the middle of the road.
Hmm, nice Cat Walk I think, too bad it's a cat n not a pretty woman. It stopped in the middle of the road, turned its head n looked at my car. Wad can I do? First, I high beamed at it. The cat squinted its eyes but remained FEARLESS. What a brave cat.. Is it a Spartan Cat?
The high beam didn't work. So I horned at it slightly. Well, this Spartan Cat really is courageous n remained stagnant at the same position. I could almost hear it say "THIS IS SPARTA CAT!!"
Due to the flea market near the carpark of my house, there were alot of people around. N by now, I've become the centre of attention cos of my car's horn. Well, some people simply looked in amusement while some women laughed at me. At last, I'm left with no choice but to rev my Nissan engine, sped forward n squash the cat into pieces!!!
Nah, i'm juz joking.. I did rev the engine, but I was at neutral gear. It worked, to some extent. The Spartan Cat moved a little.
Mum: Eh, U better don't ram into the cat hor!!
Me: Ya I noe la, stupid cat dun wanna move leh. Ta Ma De
Mum: Everybody looking at you liao la..
Hehe, I don't care abt the attention, in fact, I sort of love it. I'm left with no solution now. So I winded down my window..
Mum: Eh, wad u wanna do?
I sticked my head out so dat everyone could see my handsome face. Wahaha....!! Then I made the "kissing sound" at the cat. OMG, Spartan Cat RAN AWAY IMMEDIATELY!
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Everyone started laughing at the scene.. Why it ran away? Maybe Spartan Cat thinks I'm gay, so "he" ran away..
Mum: U see la, everyone looking n laughing at you greeting a cat..
Me: HAHAHAHAHA!!! Laugh then laugh lor..
With the cat out of the way, I found a space n parked the car peacefully. Wad a way to end my Sunday..
Sunday, November 04, 2007
I rather earn my BMW the RIGHT way even if it might take 10-20yrs
Friday, November 02, 2007
5 Steps to owning a CAR
Step 1 Take your average monthly salary over the last 6 months and minus your average monthly expenses over the last 6 months.
Note: If you don't know how much you earned or saved over the last 6 months, car ownership is likely to leave you in financial ruin.
Step 2 Add car allowance (if any).
Step 3 Minus public transport costs.
Step 4 Do you have enough money left to maintain the car you are thinking of (car loan, insurance, road tax, petrol, parking, ERP, maintenance, upgrade budget)?
Note: If you never owned a car before and you do your calculations and you think 'oh my god, this cannot be right as it is so expensive'. Congratulations, add 10% to your figure and you now have the cost of car ownership in Singapore.
If YES, you can afford a car FOR THE TIME BEING (assuming you are happy to reduce your savings by the same amount).
Note: If circumstances change (change job, lose job, lose car allowance, get married, got baby, loved one falls ill and needs medical expenses), then depending on whether you can sell the car without having to come out with money, you may be financially screwed.
If NO, you cannot afford a car. Sorry. Work harder or spend less, then maybe in the future can.
1. For young people with less life experience, please note that owning a car and being able to afford a car are two different things. There are many people who cannot afford a car, but still own a car.
Most of the confusion young people face is wondering why their colleague/friend who earns $1500 can afford a car - the answer is they cannot afford a car. Either they have background support from family, or they are financially bleeding to maintain the car.
2. For guys who think that girls like guys with cars - you are unfortunately right. However, most girls do not know or care what sort of car it is, as long as it can get from point A to point B in relative comfort. If you are planning on buying a car for the main purpose of increasing your attractiveness to the opposite sex, a cheap and comfortable one will do - no need for a 'sports car' like a Civic Type R or STi. A guy who has an Altis or Sunny but can afford the occasional nice restaurant treat vs a guy with a STi but can only afford hawker centre or Mcdonalds - who do you think will be more successful in the game of love?
Honda Civic Type-R
Subaru WRX STi
It's been quite long since i posted self-taken pictures.. So here they are, stuffs that I take during days I see things..
A few weeks back, on my way back home at Buona Vista Road, I saw this pretty bad accident at a cross junction. My guess wud be the blue lorry failing to stop at the red light, crashing into the red turning lorry.
Never haf i seen so many fire engines at an accident site b4..
There were 3 of them
Brought MQ to Punggol beach for a visit
Nice place actually, but very inaccessible
On my way home from MQ's house n i saw this lift at the top floor. Wad does "Please Standby" means eh??? Is it gonna blast through the roof and launch itself into outer space????
While stopping at a red traffic light, I saw this traffic police. Wad so interesting?? He's a SIKH!! Gosh.. The first time i see a Sikh traffic police riding a bike..
Went to eat stingray with MQ at Bedok85. Nice u might say.. But the girl gave up after a few mouths of it. "It's too SPICY!!" she complained.. Ended up I had to finish up two bowls of rice plus this whole plate of $8 stingray by myself. She happily went to buy minced pork noodles to eat instead..
This was taken ystd while I was waiting at a bus stop in school. The first time i see a marrying couple come NUS for photo shoot.
Thursday, November 01, 2007
'No sex please on A380'
SINGAPORE Airlines, the first operator of the new Airbus A380, has dashed the hopes of sexual thrill-seekers planning to engage in amorous activity aboard the world's biggest jumbo jet.
The carrier said it would ask passengers on the A380 to refrain from sex while ensconced in one of its 12 first-class suites, which boast the world's first airborne double beds.
"All we ask of customers, wherever they are on our aircraft, is to observe standards that don't cause offence to other customers and crew,'' the company told Reuters in a statement.
"Nothing different applies for our Singapore Airlines Suites customers.''
While private, the double cabins are neither sound proofed nor completely sealed.
Singapore Airlines, the world's second-largest airline by market value, started commercial flights of the double-decker A380 last week with a Singapore-Sydney service.
"So they'll sell you a double bed and give you privacy and endless champagne and then say you can't do what comes naturally?'' Tony Elwood, who travelled with wife Julie in a suite aboard the inaugural flight, told the Times of London.
"They seem to have done everything they can to make it romantic, short of bringing round oysters,'' Julie said. "I'd say they shouldn't really complain, should they?''
And I thought this will be good. Wad a waste to have bed & champagne but not being able to do it.