It's Chinese Take Out Time

Google




Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Countdown to ATPL

I Love Chinese

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

An ordinary guy hoping to live life to the fullest. Awaiting the bigger things in life.

View My Auctions

Bring on the Dim Sum



We Fumble With Chopsticks

  • Aimin
  • Jing Fang
  • Caryn
  • Weiling
  • Fen
  • Peggy
  • Wenyan
  • Angie
  • Lynn
  • Grace Koh
  • Suan Siong
  • Alicia
  • Caryn
  • Kai Jie
  • Diana
  • Ziwei
  • Pan Hui Ru
  • Snufflezz
  • Sarah
  • SG Fairy
  • Black High Heels
  • Lyn.c(SG Newscaster)
  • Justin
  • Kanny
  • Cordelia
  • Jocelyn
  • Su Feng
  • Felicia Chin
  • SugarJocelyn
  • Jessica Tan
  • Huilin
  • Cindy
  • Weiling
  • Kenny
  • Eelyn Kok
  • Che Yin
  • Tampines 1
  • Camemberu
  • Fan Wenqing
  • Yu-Kim
  • Karen Ashley Ng
  • DarDar&KaiKai
  • Jeneen
  • Yiting
  • Clarice
  • Reiee Koh
  • Kim Ho Desiree
  • Jenny
  • Peggy Heng
  • Silver Ang
  • Kimberly Wakerman
  • Kimberly Haley Wang
  • Katherine Yang
  • Rebecca Lim
  • Mei Ting
  • Rachel Wong
  • Hazel Low
  • Ivy SMJ
  • Miyake
  • Cherlyn Tan
  • Soh Peishi
  • Maybeline Sim
  • Janice Goh
  • Serene Heng
  • Catherine Liew
  • Fiona Ryou
  • Jessica TippyTapp
  • May
  • Ziyi Kuek
  • Gwen Teo
  • Melissa Celestine Koh
  • Miss Tam Chiak
  • Elin Wong
  • Nicole Ann Leong
  • Claires Flair
  • Yina Goh
  • Lucinda Zhou
  • Jolene Zhou
  • Sim Peiling
  • Ziying
  • Seokyee
  • Lim Junying
  • Karen Yun
  • Zoe Raymond
  • Joslina Ophelia
  • Yee Kit
  • Shine Koh
  • Ee Xuan
  • Ang Geck Geck
  • Mayne Lim
  • Rachel Lim
  • Emily Chia
  • Mio Lin
  • Emmie Neo
  • Ivy Goh
  • Huirong
  • Apple Yap
  • Cordelia Low
  • Elaine Jasmine
  • Sophia Berries
  • Shenny Yang
  • Lim Yanntorng
  • Amelia Wong
  • Pamela Lua
  • Xueqi
  • Freda Poh
  • Yilin Goh
  • Kayla Wong
  • Honey Lim
  • Tobey Cline
  • CXGE90
  • Scribbles
  • Hoongji
  • Grocery List
  • We Like Chinese Too


    Chinese Cuisine

    Blogskins.com
    Liverpool FC
    SoccerNet
    Aviation
    Automotive

    Adventures With Chopsticks

    <

    Fortunes Can Be Funny

    Web Counter

    Saturday, May 20, 2006

    I'm well again

    The weather has been freaking hot these few days. The humid nights made sleeping even more uncomfortable. I failed to recover well enough on Friday to head for work. My throat hurts as though drills are forcing their way through the walls of my throat. I felt weak n my mood wasn't the best with the discomfort I was experiencing. After seeing medicine everyday for the past 2 months, this is the first time I'm taking it. I slept almost the whole Friday away n the strong lozenges made my tongue numb most of the time.

    The best thing of all, I tried driving. I wasn't directly under the influence of medication when I went behind the wheels last night. However, the whole day of sleeping had made me lethargic n pretty strength less. It was more of the car controlling me than me controlling it. With my mood not in the best condition, my patience was bad n I drove below my own standards. Turning on third gear, changing lanes abruptly etc etc. I better avoid doing this again.

    Saturday, I woke up feeling way much better. My throat felt great n my nose has stopped "leaking", but I was still not back in shape. Had wanted to go Ubin with MQ but the plan fell through with this sudden bout of flu. Argh.. really sorry girl.

    In the news, I saw the report about the completion of the China Three Gorges Dam project. I made a presentation about it in GP during my JC time n is pretty clear about the massive implications on the huge project. However, after 13 years, the project was completed. When the Chinese government first brought this out to its people, many objected due to the damaged it will have on the environment n historical locations. Many villagers even had to be relocated as the whole stretch of villages along the river will be flooded. In the process, many arable lands will be destroyed too.

    Well, the dams do have their advantages too. Making use of Hydroelectric Power (HEP), the power generated will be sufficient to provide a big 10% of what China needs. Mind u, with the population size of China, 10% is by means not peanuts. Not just that, the dams are able to prevent floodings during the monsoon season as well, helping the government save cost on humanitarian aid annually. It's really impressive to see China complete such a huge project nine months before the expected date. Now they're only left with building of the HEP plants beside the dams to complete.

    This must be one of the most massive construction project ever done by mankind. Think China's Great Wall, Africa's Suez Canal, North America's Arizona City, Egypt's Pyramids n India's Taj Mahal.


    WaiZai fumbled with chopsticks @ 5/20/2006 10:31:00 pm | 0 has delicate hands