It's Chinese Take Out Time

Google




Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Countdown to ATPL

I Love Chinese

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

An ordinary guy hoping to live life to the fullest. Awaiting the bigger things in life.

View My Auctions

Bring on the Dim Sum



We Fumble With Chopsticks

  • Aimin
  • Jing Fang
  • Caryn
  • Weiling
  • Fen
  • Peggy
  • Wenyan
  • Angie
  • Lynn
  • Grace Koh
  • Suan Siong
  • Alicia
  • Caryn
  • Kai Jie
  • Diana
  • Ziwei
  • Pan Hui Ru
  • Snufflezz
  • Sarah
  • SG Fairy
  • Black High Heels
  • Lyn.c(SG Newscaster)
  • Justin
  • Kanny
  • Cordelia
  • Jocelyn
  • Su Feng
  • Felicia Chin
  • SugarJocelyn
  • Jessica Tan
  • Huilin
  • Cindy
  • Weiling
  • Kenny
  • Eelyn Kok
  • Che Yin
  • Tampines 1
  • Camemberu
  • Fan Wenqing
  • Yu-Kim
  • Karen Ashley Ng
  • DarDar&KaiKai
  • Jeneen
  • Yiting
  • Clarice
  • Reiee Koh
  • Kim Ho Desiree
  • Jenny
  • Peggy Heng
  • Silver Ang
  • Kimberly Wakerman
  • Kimberly Haley Wang
  • Katherine Yang
  • Rebecca Lim
  • Mei Ting
  • Rachel Wong
  • Hazel Low
  • Ivy SMJ
  • Miyake
  • Cherlyn Tan
  • Soh Peishi
  • Maybeline Sim
  • Janice Goh
  • Serene Heng
  • Catherine Liew
  • Fiona Ryou
  • Jessica TippyTapp
  • May
  • Ziyi Kuek
  • Gwen Teo
  • Melissa Celestine Koh
  • Miss Tam Chiak
  • Elin Wong
  • Nicole Ann Leong
  • Claires Flair
  • Yina Goh
  • Lucinda Zhou
  • Jolene Zhou
  • Sim Peiling
  • Ziying
  • Seokyee
  • Lim Junying
  • Karen Yun
  • Zoe Raymond
  • Joslina Ophelia
  • Yee Kit
  • Shine Koh
  • Ee Xuan
  • Ang Geck Geck
  • Mayne Lim
  • Rachel Lim
  • Emily Chia
  • Mio Lin
  • Emmie Neo
  • Ivy Goh
  • Huirong
  • Apple Yap
  • Cordelia Low
  • Elaine Jasmine
  • Sophia Berries
  • Shenny Yang
  • Lim Yanntorng
  • Amelia Wong
  • Pamela Lua
  • Xueqi
  • Freda Poh
  • Yilin Goh
  • Kayla Wong
  • Honey Lim
  • Tobey Cline
  • CXGE90
  • Scribbles
  • Hoongji
  • Grocery List
  • We Like Chinese Too


    Chinese Cuisine

    Blogskins.com
    Liverpool FC
    SoccerNet
    Aviation
    Automotive

    Adventures With Chopsticks

    <

    Fortunes Can Be Funny

    Web Counter

    Sunday, June 25, 2006

    My Forgetfulness, The Murder, Last Week of Work

    MIA for a week now. Heh, it has been an eventful week. I'm still as sleepy everyday, looking like someone who haven't slept for a decade. As a result, I find it hard to focus on what I do n tend to be more forgetful. I had forgotten my keys twice now, something which didn't happen in the past. My skin condition has worsened too due to the lack of rest n dry air-conditioned working environment.

    This week marked the end of the whole attachment stuff n the students can now enjoy their one month of holiday before heading for their final year in NUS. 6 weeks has passed n we've seen 3 different batches of students. Some are fun loving while some are serious, but overall, they were great people to hang out with. I'll see if I'll meet them again in NUS 2months later when I go in.

    June is coming to an end, which also signifies my contract at TTSH is ending. It'll be my last week at work now. They had employed new assistants to replace the current group of us. Ee Ping, Selena, Yvonne n me will be leaving on the 30th June this coming Friday. Hehe, I'll be happy cos I can finally take a break, do something I want for a month n go back to school in August. On the other hand, I'll miss my great colleagues.

    The weather has been erratic as usual. Rainy n sunny days alternated each other through out the week. I'm down with flu again. A lot of people have been down with illness in my workplace too. So u can imagine the virus spreading around the icy cold pharmacy. Gave my hair a good cut in mid week after almost 2 months. Never had such long hair since I entered army in 2004. I'm back to my short crew cut now, free from the trouble of brushing my hair backwards n combing in the morning. Hehe..

    Oh, the World Cup had progressed into the knock out stage now. Sadly to say, Czech Republic crashed out of the tournament in the group stages. They came out with a bang, thumping USA 3-0, but injuries n suspensions killed their chances of going further. The golden generation of Pavel Nedved, Karel Porbosky, Vladimir Smicer n Jan Koller will have to bow out of the international scene without winning any honours with their country. Last night's match saw Argentina edge past Mexico 2-1 while Germany cruised past Sweden 2-0. Argentina n Germany will meet in the quarter-finals. GO GERMANY!! England will play Ecuador n Portugal will play Holland tonight. If England fails to get pass Ecuador, then they'll surely be condemned by the media n Sven Goran Eriksson be labeled as the main culprit of the exit. I'm glad that my favourite Jurgen Klinsmann is doing a great job for Germany eventhough this is his first time in a managerial position, so unlike the experienced but cautious Eriksson.

    The news this week covered yet another murder case involving China woman. This time round, the victim is a "study mama" from China working as a masseuse in Ang Mo Kio. Madam Yu Hong Jin was found dead last Sunday in the massage palour she ran with two other Chinese Nationals. She was apparently stabbed n strangled. The alleged murderer is hawker Eu Lim Hoklai. He was found lying on the floor of the same cubicle n bleeding from stab wounds. Who is this man? I know him, cos I ate in his "tse char" stall since I was very very young. His stall is just situated a few blocks away from mine. During the coffeeshop heydays, the whole coffeeshop can be packed with his patrons at night, finding a seat would be so hard. I once worked in the same coffeeshop before for a year when I was 14. He’s a nice man, quiet n mild mannered, that’s why the murder case came as a shock to my whole family. He already has a good n pretty wife who is willing to work for him in his stall everyday without fail, why did he have to keep the China woman n end up in such tragedy? I bet he must be deeply regretful now. I guess a jail term will be unavoidable now even if it's manslaughter instead of murder. Gone are the days when I'll see him standing at the counter taking food orders.

    Ok, I've written a lot. Sunday is coming to an end n I hope my flu will be gone by the time I wake up tomorrow.


    WaiZai fumbled with chopsticks @ 6/25/2006 08:28:00 pm | 0 has delicate hands