It's Chinese Take Out Time

Google




Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Countdown to ATPL

I Love Chinese

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

An ordinary guy hoping to live life to the fullest. Awaiting the bigger things in life.

View My Auctions

Bring on the Dim Sum



We Fumble With Chopsticks

  • Aimin
  • Jing Fang
  • Caryn
  • Weiling
  • Fen
  • Peggy
  • Wenyan
  • Angie
  • Lynn
  • Grace Koh
  • Suan Siong
  • Alicia
  • Caryn
  • Kai Jie
  • Diana
  • Ziwei
  • Pan Hui Ru
  • Snufflezz
  • Sarah
  • SG Fairy
  • Black High Heels
  • Lyn.c(SG Newscaster)
  • Justin
  • Kanny
  • Cordelia
  • Jocelyn
  • Su Feng
  • Felicia Chin
  • SugarJocelyn
  • Jessica Tan
  • Huilin
  • Cindy
  • Weiling
  • Kenny
  • Eelyn Kok
  • Che Yin
  • Tampines 1
  • Camemberu
  • Fan Wenqing
  • Yu-Kim
  • Karen Ashley Ng
  • DarDar&KaiKai
  • Jeneen
  • Yiting
  • Clarice
  • Reiee Koh
  • Kim Ho Desiree
  • Jenny
  • Peggy Heng
  • Silver Ang
  • Kimberly Wakerman
  • Kimberly Haley Wang
  • Katherine Yang
  • Rebecca Lim
  • Mei Ting
  • Rachel Wong
  • Hazel Low
  • Ivy SMJ
  • Miyake
  • Cherlyn Tan
  • Soh Peishi
  • Maybeline Sim
  • Janice Goh
  • Serene Heng
  • Catherine Liew
  • Fiona Ryou
  • Jessica TippyTapp
  • May
  • Ziyi Kuek
  • Gwen Teo
  • Melissa Celestine Koh
  • Miss Tam Chiak
  • Elin Wong
  • Nicole Ann Leong
  • Claires Flair
  • Yina Goh
  • Lucinda Zhou
  • Jolene Zhou
  • Sim Peiling
  • Ziying
  • Seokyee
  • Lim Junying
  • Karen Yun
  • Zoe Raymond
  • Joslina Ophelia
  • Yee Kit
  • Shine Koh
  • Ee Xuan
  • Ang Geck Geck
  • Mayne Lim
  • Rachel Lim
  • Emily Chia
  • Mio Lin
  • Emmie Neo
  • Ivy Goh
  • Huirong
  • Apple Yap
  • Cordelia Low
  • Elaine Jasmine
  • Sophia Berries
  • Shenny Yang
  • Lim Yanntorng
  • Amelia Wong
  • Pamela Lua
  • Xueqi
  • Freda Poh
  • Yilin Goh
  • Kayla Wong
  • Honey Lim
  • Tobey Cline
  • CXGE90
  • Scribbles
  • Hoongji
  • Grocery List
  • We Like Chinese Too


    Chinese Cuisine

    Blogskins.com
    Liverpool FC
    SoccerNet
    Aviation
    Automotive

    Adventures With Chopsticks

    <

    Fortunes Can Be Funny

    Web Counter

    Sunday, June 18, 2006

    World Cup = Not Enough Sleep

    Heh, I'm back after almost a week away. It has been a busy n tiring week for me. Was preoccupied with both the World Cup n spending time with MQ. The World Cup is a week old now n a few teams had already qualified for the next round. Argentina is a revelation, Ecuador the surprise package, Brazil n England are huge disappointments. I can fall asleep watching England play. What the hell is the problem with the Englishmen anyway? They always have this huge hype about them before the tournament, but when the actual thing starts, they FLOP. Frank Lampard is anonymous, Joe Cole tries too hard to be clever, Steven Gerrard played out of position n Michael Owen lacking match sharpness. Somehow, I think Sven Goran Eriksson is crap. After being the England head coach for so many years, he still can't figure out his strongest starting eleven n his best team formation. I watch England play aimlessly, just like a headless chicken running everywhere without any idea about attacking football. Perhaps they should watch how Argentina, Germany, Ecuador, Holland n Spain play. If England continue playing like that, then forget about lifting the World Cup trophy, I bet Ecuador will beat them without much sweat.

    On the other hand, my beloved Germany is through to the next round with the help of the marvelous home support. I have this feeling that the Germans will go all the way to the Final. Spain walloped Ukraine 4-0 in their opening match, with my darling Xabi Alonso opening the scoring for the Spaniards. Hoho.. Best!! Spain has a few English based players now, which makes them even stronger than the past. Back then, most of them came from either Barcelona or Real Madrid. I can see the balance in the team now with a mixture of steel n flair in their play.

    Ok, the World Cup has disrupted my sleep pattern pretty badly this week. Watching a match at 12am n sleeping at 2am, waking up for work at 7.30am. Friday was the ultimate--staying at MQ's house n watching 3 matches in a row, from 9pm till 5am in the morning, n waking up at 8.30am for work on Saturday. Everyone at work thought I'm a heavy gambler n betted on soccer matches. Haha, I think they don't understand the passion I have for the game. I can't live without soccer, it runs in my blood. Watching every match doesn't mean I bet. I used to, but quit cos I realized I'll lose more than I win. My last best was the opening match of Euro 2004, when Greece beat hot favourites Portugal. I lost of cos, nobody would expect Greece to be such a solid team back then.

    Enough of soccer. My contract at work is coming to an end soon. It'll be my last 2 weeks starting tomorrow. I need a break, but I really enjoy my work, mainly due to the nice people working around me. Been meeting MQ a lot through out the week. Coming home from work together on the train n having dinner after that. It was nice being single for the past year, but then I did miss the times of having a companion, someone I can talk to, I can hold n love. I'm finding myself slowly growing more attached to her. First seeing her at age 12, not speaking to each other for the next 8 years, n then coming back together again. Fate is such a weird thing. I can sense the smile coming back into me. It took me a year; my darkest days are probably over. I'm really glad I have her with me now....


    WaiZai fumbled with chopsticks @ 6/18/2006 01:47:00 pm | 0 has delicate hands