It's Chinese Take Out Time

Google




Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Countdown to ATPL

I Love Chinese

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

An ordinary guy hoping to live life to the fullest. Awaiting the bigger things in life.

View My Auctions

Bring on the Dim Sum



We Fumble With Chopsticks

  • Aimin
  • Jing Fang
  • Caryn
  • Weiling
  • Fen
  • Peggy
  • Wenyan
  • Angie
  • Lynn
  • Grace Koh
  • Suan Siong
  • Alicia
  • Caryn
  • Kai Jie
  • Diana
  • Ziwei
  • Pan Hui Ru
  • Snufflezz
  • Sarah
  • SG Fairy
  • Black High Heels
  • Lyn.c(SG Newscaster)
  • Justin
  • Kanny
  • Cordelia
  • Jocelyn
  • Su Feng
  • Felicia Chin
  • SugarJocelyn
  • Jessica Tan
  • Huilin
  • Cindy
  • Weiling
  • Kenny
  • Eelyn Kok
  • Che Yin
  • Tampines 1
  • Camemberu
  • Fan Wenqing
  • Yu-Kim
  • Karen Ashley Ng
  • DarDar&KaiKai
  • Jeneen
  • Yiting
  • Clarice
  • Reiee Koh
  • Kim Ho Desiree
  • Jenny
  • Peggy Heng
  • Silver Ang
  • Kimberly Wakerman
  • Kimberly Haley Wang
  • Katherine Yang
  • Rebecca Lim
  • Mei Ting
  • Rachel Wong
  • Hazel Low
  • Ivy SMJ
  • Miyake
  • Cherlyn Tan
  • Soh Peishi
  • Maybeline Sim
  • Janice Goh
  • Serene Heng
  • Catherine Liew
  • Fiona Ryou
  • Jessica TippyTapp
  • May
  • Ziyi Kuek
  • Gwen Teo
  • Melissa Celestine Koh
  • Miss Tam Chiak
  • Elin Wong
  • Nicole Ann Leong
  • Claires Flair
  • Yina Goh
  • Lucinda Zhou
  • Jolene Zhou
  • Sim Peiling
  • Ziying
  • Seokyee
  • Lim Junying
  • Karen Yun
  • Zoe Raymond
  • Joslina Ophelia
  • Yee Kit
  • Shine Koh
  • Ee Xuan
  • Ang Geck Geck
  • Mayne Lim
  • Rachel Lim
  • Emily Chia
  • Mio Lin
  • Emmie Neo
  • Ivy Goh
  • Huirong
  • Apple Yap
  • Cordelia Low
  • Elaine Jasmine
  • Sophia Berries
  • Shenny Yang
  • Lim Yanntorng
  • Amelia Wong
  • Pamela Lua
  • Xueqi
  • Freda Poh
  • Yilin Goh
  • Kayla Wong
  • Honey Lim
  • Tobey Cline
  • CXGE90
  • Scribbles
  • Hoongji
  • Grocery List
  • We Like Chinese Too


    Chinese Cuisine

    Blogskins.com
    Liverpool FC
    SoccerNet
    Aviation
    Automotive

    Adventures With Chopsticks

    <

    Fortunes Can Be Funny

    Web Counter

    Friday, February 24, 2006

    19 more days to go!!!

    Phew.. I'm back from camp finally. Booked out very very late due to the massive area cleaning we had to do in our ever so dusty bunk today. I drove back to camp last night. Went to pick up my bunk mate, Jun Liang, along the way. Last night was the 2nd time I hit the expressway, the TPE to be exact. I hit 90km/h, my 1st ever experience at that speed. It felt fine though, no trembling of the steering on my Sunny. The whole car was pretty stable even at 90km/h unlike the Toyota Vios I drove during my driving lessons. Driving back to camp was damn cool as I don't have to walk the bloody long road into my unit n I don't have to wear any proper attire. I booked in with my army singlet n running shorts. How comfortable! Haha..

    There was a battalion physical training this morning. It was a long n tiring 7km run. I went for it; my longest ever run in close to 3 months. I ran for about 6.5km n walked the rest in the midst of the run. The whole distance took me 35min flat to complete, not bad considering the fact that my stamina still needs a lot of tuning. My knee still hurts a little while running but thank god I was feeling good after the run. I think I have to apply the hot pack later n give it a good massage.

    Rested for the rest of the morning, chatting with my company medics about driving lessons. Had lunch at 12.30pm n slept till 2.30pm. I think it'll be the last time we'll sleep that long on our beds. After the good sleep, it was time for work. We had to throw away the old Lightweight Decon Suit(a type of chemical suit). At last, my platoon de-kitted at 4pm. We returned all of our gas masks n chemical protective suits. Woohoo!! I definitely won't miss those torturing n brain damaging chemical suits. We all felt a huge weight off our shoulders after parting with our "weapons". Hehe..

    After that, we cleared our cupboards, packing everything up, ready to bring all of them home. It has been almost 2 yrs since I 1st stepped into Seletar Camp. I can still remember the day I unpacked everything into my cupboard, how turned off I felt, how worried I was about what am I going to do in a chemical defence unit n how much I miss my ex-gf while I'm in camp.

    When we were done with packing up, we had to do a real thorough area cleaning in our respective bunks. Every single one of us did our part, no one was slacking. It was such a rare sight to see everyone cleaning the bunk. Perhaps the sudden rise in enthusiasm was fired up by the fact that we're leaving the hateful Seletar Camp very soon.

    A "standby area" was conducted after the cleaning up process. Our platoon sergeant came n inspected the bunk, pointing out the places we had neglected during the clean up. Every mistake constituted to us doing 10 pushups. The result?? My bunk mates n me did 200 in total. Freak.. All of us almost died after the "good training". When everything was over, it was already 6.30pm. We were of cos both uber hungry n tired. I drove my company mates out of the camp upon seeing them struggle to carry out the huge n super heavy bags. Sent Jun Liang home after that n I reached back home a shacked man. Lucky I had the car to get myself home, or else I can't imagine carrying the bloody heavy load back.

    It has been a week since I passed my driving test. I had since used up half a tank of petrol in my Sunny. The rate at which the petrol is being used up, I realized that this Nissan Sunny is a petrol guzzler, even though it's a manual transmission car. Can u imagine how much petrol it's gonna drink up if it's an auto car? I need money, petrol is damn expensive.

    ---19 more days to ORD---


    WaiZai fumbled with chopsticks @ 2/24/2006 08:08:00 pm | 2 has delicate hands

    2 has delicate hands
    <$BlogItemAuthorNickname$> had a patient mind and asked...

    ORD lor... congrats.

    from one old bird combat engineer to an outgoing one. bloody in-camp coming next week. nabeh!

    2/25/2006 4:22 pm  
    <$BlogItemAuthorNickname$> had a patient mind and asked...

    Ho~! Thanks. ORD still not the end man.. Hai.. In-camp is a good time to get away from stressful work

    2/25/2006 11:17 pm  

    Post a Comment

    << Go Back and Watch me Fumble