It's Chinese Take Out Time

Google




Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Countdown to ATPL

I Love Chinese

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

An ordinary guy hoping to live life to the fullest. Awaiting the bigger things in life.

View My Auctions

Bring on the Dim Sum



We Fumble With Chopsticks

  • Aimin
  • Jing Fang
  • Caryn
  • Weiling
  • Fen
  • Peggy
  • Wenyan
  • Angie
  • Lynn
  • Grace Koh
  • Suan Siong
  • Alicia
  • Caryn
  • Kai Jie
  • Diana
  • Ziwei
  • Pan Hui Ru
  • Snufflezz
  • Sarah
  • SG Fairy
  • Black High Heels
  • Lyn.c(SG Newscaster)
  • Justin
  • Kanny
  • Cordelia
  • Jocelyn
  • Su Feng
  • Felicia Chin
  • SugarJocelyn
  • Jessica Tan
  • Huilin
  • Cindy
  • Weiling
  • Kenny
  • Eelyn Kok
  • Che Yin
  • Tampines 1
  • Camemberu
  • Fan Wenqing
  • Yu-Kim
  • Karen Ashley Ng
  • DarDar&KaiKai
  • Jeneen
  • Yiting
  • Clarice
  • Reiee Koh
  • Kim Ho Desiree
  • Jenny
  • Peggy Heng
  • Silver Ang
  • Kimberly Wakerman
  • Kimberly Haley Wang
  • Katherine Yang
  • Rebecca Lim
  • Mei Ting
  • Rachel Wong
  • Hazel Low
  • Ivy SMJ
  • Miyake
  • Cherlyn Tan
  • Soh Peishi
  • Maybeline Sim
  • Janice Goh
  • Serene Heng
  • Catherine Liew
  • Fiona Ryou
  • Jessica TippyTapp
  • May
  • Ziyi Kuek
  • Gwen Teo
  • Melissa Celestine Koh
  • Miss Tam Chiak
  • Elin Wong
  • Nicole Ann Leong
  • Claires Flair
  • Yina Goh
  • Lucinda Zhou
  • Jolene Zhou
  • Sim Peiling
  • Ziying
  • Seokyee
  • Lim Junying
  • Karen Yun
  • Zoe Raymond
  • Joslina Ophelia
  • Yee Kit
  • Shine Koh
  • Ee Xuan
  • Ang Geck Geck
  • Mayne Lim
  • Rachel Lim
  • Emily Chia
  • Mio Lin
  • Emmie Neo
  • Ivy Goh
  • Huirong
  • Apple Yap
  • Cordelia Low
  • Elaine Jasmine
  • Sophia Berries
  • Shenny Yang
  • Lim Yanntorng
  • Amelia Wong
  • Pamela Lua
  • Xueqi
  • Freda Poh
  • Yilin Goh
  • Kayla Wong
  • Honey Lim
  • Tobey Cline
  • CXGE90
  • Scribbles
  • Hoongji
  • Grocery List
  • We Like Chinese Too


    Chinese Cuisine

    Blogskins.com
    Liverpool FC
    SoccerNet
    Aviation
    Automotive

    Adventures With Chopsticks

    <

    Fortunes Can Be Funny

    Web Counter

    Thursday, November 06, 2008

    Mixed Feelings

    It had been a week of mixed feelings last week. It was busy, it was sad, it was happy, it was juz abnormal. First comes the bad news. My uncle left the world forever in the early morning of Monday morning. It came as a shock to me, cos the last time I saw him during CNY, he was still nice n healthy. But now, he's gone forever. I've had some memories of him though. When I was a kid, I'll pester him to let me play an ornament which was placed at a very high level cabinet everytime I go to his house during CNY. No matter how many times I asked for it, he'll oblidge n never say no.

    Of cos, as I grow older, my interaction with him decreased. Mostly it was juz greeting. He had a birthday celebration on National Day, but I didn't go as I went to the Malacca road trip. That was probably gonna be the last time I see him if I went. But it was not meant to be. He got admitted to the hospital for around 2 weeks complaining of discomfort in his abdomen. I didn't go to the hospital though, partly due to my busy schedule, partly due to the fact dat it's not a very serious condition. Never would I expect dat he'll leave us so abruptly juz 2 days after coming out of the hospital. He complained of breathing difficulty in the middle of the night, n he passed away, leaving behind two daughters(my cousins), wife(my aunt) and four grandchildren.

    Jus when life was starting to be good n comfortable, he left this world. He was only 65yrs old, barely the retirement age set by LEE KUAN YEW. His death makes me feel dat life is quite sad n short. U worked all ur life, then when it's time to take a rest, u're dragged away from this world. I went to the funeral, looked at him lying in the coffin. The dark n oily face of his i usually see was gone. All dat I saw was a face full of cosmetic make up to keep him presentable. He is not talking anymore, not drinking or smoking anymore. He was lying there, waiting to be cremated after 5 days of funeral in the void deck.


    Funeral

    Paper house for the dead

    Paper car for the dead

    Preparing to burn the paper items

    --

    --

    Gone in the flames

    Final day

    The band

    The drummers

    Moments b4 the cremation..

    He's gone for good. I will never see him again. In future family gatherings, he will definitely be missed. Please treasure the ones u love, cos u never noe when they'll leave this world.



    After the Friday's cremation, we were all tired, but it was my cousin's wedding on Saturday. It was kinda hard to switch feelings within a day. In the noon, I was tearing when I see the coffin go into the burning chamber. In the night, I had to smile n be happy for my cousin's last night as a single when we all go to her house. It was weird in a way I never experienced.

    Saturday

    The roasted pig

    Bride came home after goingto groom's house

    Relatives

    Eating the eggs

    Night banquet at Pan Pacific Hotel

    Inside

    Interaction area

    In the ballroom

    Me n MQ's wine. I almost got knocked out even b4 the dinner started. All thanks to the powerful red wine n my empty+hungry stomach

    Table

    Us

    Couple's arrival

    Cold dish

    Sharks' Fins!!!!!

    Ah, I Love It

    heh

    Apprently, not only the red wine can knock me out

    Sushi

    Mushroom, Abalone, Veg

    Back~

    Champange

    Roasted chicken

    Steamed fish

    Broccoli in crab roe

    Fried Noodles

    Yum Seng~

    YUM YUM YUM SENG~

    Yam Paste for dessert

    End of dinner

    The wedding cake

    --

    Roses....

    The family retired for the night n marked a week of emotional rollercoaster. But not for my father. His close friend in the Residential Committee suddenly passed away that very night n he received the call from the deceased wife on Sunday morning. He was only 56 n had died of heart failure. How fragile is life?? In a span of less than 7 days, i experienced two deaths n a wedding.

    WaiZai fumbled with chopsticks @ 11/06/2008 09:18:00 pm | 0 has delicate hands